Warehouseman - Full Performance- TS/SCI with Polygraph Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Springfield, VA, US
Administrative and Support Services
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Requisition ID 2018-49951
Number of Positions 1
Job Function SCA
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Springfield
Receives and stores materials in a warehouse or storage facility.
Expected to execute dock and lift gate safety at all times. Training is provided for all equipment, processes and procedures. Understanding of Shipping Order Numbers (SONs) and labels, Validate material received against packing lists/manifests. Ensure all contents are properly accounted for. Inspect all received shipments for damages before signing for material and report any damage as appropriate. Will perform sorting, staging, and storing of material movements for the next destination. Must receive forklift certification within 45 days and maintain certification. Update databases. Basic computer skills. Prior experience moving over-sized material is a plus. Willingness to work in alternate locations to accommodate relocation/office move requirements. Willingness to work after hours to complete office move requirements.
1. Receives and stores materials in a warehouse or storage facility in an organized manner and convenient location for removal when needed.
2. Marks or tags articles as necessary for identification purposes.
3. Retrieves stored material when requested, transports it to the requester, and returns material to storage as required.
4. Develops and maintains effective warehouse storage practices that promote efficient storage, identification and retrieval.
5. Maintains warehouse and shipping records and may use automated warehouse management system.
6. May operate hand and power equipment, including forklift, for material handling.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
1-3 years of related warehouse experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.