UX/UI Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St Louis, MO, US
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-MO-St Louis
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate need for a UX/UI Developer to lead, analyze, design, develop, implement, and support code; working under limited supervision, performing duties as assigned to include:
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing items
- Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
- Lead and participate in highly complex projects with customers, managers, end-users and GDIT team.
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders.
- Bachelors Degree in business, information systems, computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of related experience in systems analysis and software development
- Ability to collaborate with development team to implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experienceAbility to execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Ability to create mock-ups, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site mapsExcellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle utilizing Agile principles and application
- Ability to understand complex issues and facilitate resolution
- Ability to solve coding issues in a methodical and structural manner.Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation
- Strong experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.Experience with front-end frameworks (such as Bootstrap and/or Foundation)
- Experience with jQuery and hands-on CSS style sheet development preferred
- Knowledgeable of HTML, Section 508 compliance and front-end best practices
- Strong and Proven UI experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to mentor/train personnel on all documentation.
- Experience developing and interpreting requirements
- Experience designing and testing business applications
- Experience producing timely results to meet or exceed expectations
- Familiarity with Incident and Change Management tools such as ServiceNow
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum management tools such as VersionOne
- Familiarity with Testing tools such as HP ALM
This Security Clearance requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans