Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator - Secret Clearance - Peterson AFB, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Peterson AFB, CO, US
Requisition ID 2019-53417
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-CO-Peterson AFB
Peterson AFB, CO
GDIT is currently hiring a SCCM Administrator at Peterson AFB in support of the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group (690 COG) performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations that includes defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority. The scope of this effort will provide support services to operate, sustain, and assure the availability of Air Force Information Networks (AFIN) to enable war-fighter mission execution.
- Performing patch management for servers, workstations, and infrastructure devices
- Planning software pushes using approved AF enterprise patch management software
- Distributing packages to test groups
- Troubleshooting software package deployment
- Deploying packages to required bases
- Reporting status of software pushes
- Ensuring servers, workstations and infrastructure devices have latest approved patches
- Developing draft TOs, SOPs, checklists, guides, best practices and procedures to support patch management
- Automating procedures using scripts and SQL/database administration
- Updating the AF compliance tracking tool (currently the AFNet Operations Compliance Tracker (ACT))
Please Note: Shift work is possible.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
- Current Secret security clearance or higher, or be eligible for and obtain prior to starting work
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher
- Experience using and administering Microsoft SCCM 2012
- MCSA 2012/2016 or MCP + experience with systems center
- Able to perform all basic functions of a tier 1 tech plus the following
- Can create a new deployment
- Can train and mentor techs on the basic features of systems center
- Can complete intermediate tasks with minimal guidance
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows Server and Workstations Operating systems
- Troubleshoot why software isn't installing or showing in software center
- Can evaluate SCCM client logs and identify problems
- Must be able to support 24/7 operations - Swing shift or Mid shift
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.