System Administrator-Programmer/PowerShell/SQL - Secret Clearance - Lackland AFB, TX Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lackland AFB, TX, US
Requisition ID 2019-53431
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-TX-Lackland AFB
GDIT is currently seeking a Sys Admin / Programmer - Powershell & SQL at Lackland AFB to support the IAFNOS contract, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
This position is responsible for:
- Administering and managing automated change and incident management tools.
- Updating content and configurations to support automated change and incident management workflow accomplishment.
- Updating tool configurations and providing informative content to enable AFIN users and operators to resolve changes and incidents at the lowest possible tier. The content shall presented through the automated management tools and/or Tier 0 Self-help websites. Information content shall include frequently asked questions and standard solutions for the resolution of issues on the AFIN.
- Analyzing customer feedback from automated change and incident management tools to identify service improvements (includes analyzing feedback received from customers about automated tools providing a summary in the MAR and providing a Technical Report when improvements are gleaned from the analysis
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Directory Services, Exchange, and also experience with Air Force Cloud Hosted Enterprise Services (CHES)
- Perform Active Directory (AD) queries to determine issues with account processing through automated tools.
- Create and use PowerShell Scripts to support AD queries and analyze broad account configuration issues.
- Create and use PowerShell Scripts to analyze issues with Cloud Mailbox actions.
- Monitor SQL databases for issues with automated and manually processed requests.
- Determine cause of Tier O account management request failures.
- Create SQL queries within Microsoft Access to standardize data reviews and updates.
- Resolve issues with failed account transaction requests in SQL tables.
- Develop recommendations for solutions to Active Directory housekeeping practices that are affecting Tier 0 automated tools.
- Coordinate solutions for user network and exchange accounts with COS/NOS Directory Service and Exchange technicians.
- Investigate network account actions to determine if issues are being caused by automated or native tools and where the issues originated.
- Create design/requirement documents for improvements, new capabilities, and bug repairs for the automated Tier 0 tools.
- Perform pre-release debugging of new coding based on design/requirement documents.
- Conduct debugging of issues discovered within current Tier 0 tools.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher
- Current DoD Secret security clearance or higher. Must not be an interim clearance
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.