Storage and Virtualization Administrator - Secret Clearance - Langley AFB, VA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Langley AFB, VA, US
Requisition ID 2019-53422
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Langley AFB
Storage & Virtualization Administrator
Langley AFB, VA
GDIT is currently seeking a Storage & Virtualization Administrator at Langley AFB to support the IAFNOS contract, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
Storage & Virtualization Administrator
• -Administer, operate, manage and maintain storage area networks and virtualized systems.
• - Configuring, analyzing, monitoring and optimizing storage and interfaces to storage and related data paths (such as iSCSI devices, Fiber Channel, LUN sizing)
• - Working with product vendors to resolve hardware issues, and to improve the use and configuration of vendor products and technologies (such as replication and management software, RAID Configurations and multi-pathing)
• - Managing permissions, maintenance, administration, capacity planning and monitoring, and assist in backup and data recovery
• - Documenting, troubleshooting and resolving associated change requests and incidents tickets
• -Creating reports and recommending courses of action for service improvement for administered SANs
• - Ensuring SANs are patched, operational, and optimized for performance
• - Installing hardware, software, and system components
• - Integrating systems
• - Conducting patch, account and performance management
• - Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis to resolve incidents
• - Testing and implementing solutions
• - Auditing, recording and tracking change and incident activities
• - Creating draft functional and security procedures
• - Documenting and maintain documentation for systems and environments
• - Developing draft operational procedures
• - Providing documentation on security protocols, authentication, authorization, auditing, anti-virus, spam prevention and encryption
• Administer, develop, manage, and perform disaster recovery procedures and processes for managed SANs and virtual environments.
• - Performing backup and data recovery
• - Troubleshooting errors in backups and restores
• - Performing library management, license management, policy and schedule configuration management, client service management, and client object discoveries
• - Managing permissions, maintenance, and administration
• - Conducting capacity planning and monitoring
• - Documenting, troubleshooting and resolving associated incidents and changes, creating reports, and recommending courses of action for service improvement for locally and/or remotely administered back-up systems
• - Developing network bypass, recovery and backup procedures
• - Performing incremental and full back-ups for all servers as outlined in operating procedures
• - Providing back-up of all critical services and information stores, as available Government storage resources allow, and ensuring back out procedures exist before loading software updates and patches
Please Note: Shift work is possible.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5+ years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Current Secret security clearance or higher, or be eligible for and obtain prior to starting work
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher
- Experience operating and mainting large storage and/or virtual environment
- Experience with CommVault backup application
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.