Sr Systems Engineer (SCCM/IAVA/MDT) with TS/SCI Clearance Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Springfield, VA, US
Requisition ID 2019-53743
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Springfield
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer system.
Sr System Engineer (SCCM/IAVA/MDT) is responsible for automating patch updates and software deployment on enterprise servers in the Data Center. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of enterprise patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, and relevant Microsoft tools.
- Administer SCCM application and solution architecture;
- Oversee patch releases and configuration changes;
- Remediate vulnerabilities based on internal security reports;
- Coordinate with other IT staff, Cyber Security, and customer entities to enhance IT systems;
- Build unattended installation packages for enterprise software applications;
- Assist in upgrading and managing the Server Application software baseline.
- Coordinate release schedules with Service Delivery and Data Center Operations;
- Provide elevated support for incidents related to software distribution and patching events;
- Create, maintain, and update software distribution solution documentation and standard operating procedures;
- Generate reports to provide progress updates for IT management.
8+ years of related systems engineering experience.
Expertise in MDT and SCCM (capturing images (.wim), creating packages, advertisements, task sequences, operating system deployment (OSD) and queries).
Experience supporting a global Active Directory (AD) infrastructure with several thousand users in a mixed Windows and UNIX environment.
Expertise with IAVA processes including Cybercom release process, testing, approval and deployment processes.
Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Security Groups, OU's, Managing Shared Resources, Account Management (Creation, Deletion, Maintenance), and GPO validation/management/implementation.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
- Expert level administrator skills for all Windows Server OS's;
- Expert understanding of software distribution and patch management concepts;
- Proficient in creating and deploying Windows Operating System images;
- Proficient in building unattended installation packages for client applications;
- Proficient in deploying software updates and managing client health;
- Proficient in Microsoft tools and infrastructure including Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Powershell, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with ACAS,Nessus
- MCSA Certified
- SCCM Experience/Certification
- ITIL Certified
- CompTIA Security+ Certified
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.