Sr. Systems Administrator - Secret clearance required Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Point Mugu, CA, US
Number of Positions 2
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-CA-Point Mugu
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator .
- Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations within Microsoft Exchange.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications.
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
- May design embedded systems software.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Provide technical solutions to complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 or Skype for Business.
- Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS. Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with OCS 2007 R2, 2010, 2013.
- Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers.
- Perform System monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems.
- Review System and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
- Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access.
- Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information.
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
- Responds to computer security breaches and viruses.
BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Six (6) years of experience in a client-server environment.
- Four (4) years of experience in server systems administration and analysis.
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, or data center maintenance.
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining system documentation.
- Experience maintaining the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Experience evaluating vendor products, and making recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinating installation and providing backup recovery. Demonstrated experience to developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
- Certified as:
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified System Administrator or
- VCP - VMware Certified Professional.
- IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of TOA of hiring)
Active SECRET clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.