Sr Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bayview, ID, US
Requisition ID 2018-49320
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-ID-Bayview
This job position is located in Bayview, Idaho and will require a SECRET security clearance to be obtained/maintained. The Network/Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and upgrading computer hardware and software that supports multiple test platforms.
The System Software Engineer candidate shall be qualified in the following three areas:
- Software Engineering
- Programming experience with at least two of the following: C, MATLAB, PERL, and Python.
- Practice software version control.
- Create and maintain software tools that control and/or monitor a diverse suite of remote hardware such as gyros, power distribution units, and cameras.
- Integrate software tools into a web interface so customers, technicians, and engineers can control and monitor processes remotely.
- Network Administration
- Maintain small (
- Be proficient with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Apply updates, install security patches, and write custom scripts to meet customers' needs.
- Maintain security accreditation of network; meet emerging security requirements handed down from Computer Security.
- Manage access controls and credential verification for team collaboration website.
- Plan and maintain an automatic and robust data backup of system network.
- Provide IT systems support including monitoring, configuring, backup and problem resolution for Linux based mass storage systems (NFS,SMB)
- Create and implement a plan to copy customer data from multiple sources, assuring all requested data is delivered.
- Resolve emergent network and computer issues.
- Data Acquisition
- Assist in data acquisition operations.
- Operate data acquisition system to acquire acoustic and structural data to meet data requirements of test plan.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Contract preferred 8-10 years of related software development experience.
Must be able to obtain Secret security clearance.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans