Sr Principal Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Reston, VA, US
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Requisition ID 2019-52868
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Science and Engineering
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Reston
• **International Travel is required up to 50% of the time and up to 6 weeks at a time***
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Demonstrated experience in mechanical and electrical engineering.
3. Hands-on equipment and configuration and customer interface.
4. Signals and data processing experience.
5. Circuit board rebuild and soldering experience.
6. Strong understanding of general debugging and problem solving skills.
7. Low and medium volt work experience.
8. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
9. Identifies, documents, and evaluates clients' functional requirements.
10. Conducts independent technical investigations and provides impact assessments and design recommendations to clients.
11. Provides engineering subject matter expertise to assigned clients, and may also advise other internal groups.
12. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation and provides quality assurance and review of technical reports and documentation written by other engineers.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. Serves as technical team or task lead.
15. Recommends major changes in procedures or objectives.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
Masters Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
10-15 years of related engineering experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.