Sr. MarkLogic Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA, US
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Herndon
General Dynamics Health Solutions is actively looking for a Cloud Database Administrator to help lead the deployment and operations of a robust databases in an enterprise cloud environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
- Act as a MarkLogic SME within an AWS Environment
- Collaborate with Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable GDIT to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configure monitoring solution for AWS for Windows and Linux servers
- Support operations and management of an enterprise level production database in the cloud
- SME for installations, upgrades, replication, backup, recovery and performance of database systems.
- Create best practices for cloud database operations
- Participation in maintenance windows and on-call rotation as required
- Senior Experience with MarkLogic specific development and application architecture design and implementation.
- Cloud Database Administrator must have extensive expertise with Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with all aspects of Oracle 10g / Microsoft SQL Server 2005+ / MySQL 5.0+ / AWS RDS databases. The version may be higher or higher database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, AWS migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, query optimization, backup and recovery.
- Participate in requirements gathering and design workshops with large Federal Healthcare provider.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts, high traffic/high availability networking concepts like load balancing, clustering.
- Supports the integration of MarkLogic to third party software; insight on when to recommend a solution.
- Very strong and solid experience of database administration in a cloud environment. Experience with replication/clustering and partitioning.
- Experience writing and executing stress tests on databases and services.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics, data-at-rest encryption, secure connectivity.
- Experience monitoring web server performance.
- Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture.
- Experience with network and/or systems administration in Linux/Unix and/or Windows environments.
- Experience with cloud database technologies (ex: AWS RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, MS SQL Azure, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience hardening of databases according to FISMA / other required security standards necessary for PHI & PII data and HIPPA laws.
- Proficient with Oracle's database admin tools / backup utilities such as RMAN.
- Experience with change management including maintenance of multiple development, test, QA, and production environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Training and Certification in DBA and services.
- 15 - 20 years of related database administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology for databases task automation and scripting.
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans