Sr. Linux Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Poly required Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Reston, VA, US
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Requisition ID 2018-45709
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Reston
The successful candidate will be responsible for the O&M of Linux based operational systems and associated accounts. The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and software updates of multiple Linux based systems, and will be required to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for procurement, monitoring accounts to keep them active as well as ensuring leased space is properly paid.
Manages employees engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas.
1. Manages one or more functional areas of information system solutions development and technical support, including personal computer/client server support, systems programming, applications design and development, database design and administration, information security, telecommunications and network support and administration.
2. Ability to successfully plan, coordinate, track and execute multiple tasks and competing priorities.
3. Experience with Linux network troubleshooting tools such as tcpdump.
4. Working knowledge of networking to include local IP addresssing and routing.
5. Supervises non-exempt technicians and exempt professionals, and may manage subordinate supervisors.
6. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
7. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
8. May also perform complex IT tasks.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Willingness to travel OCONUS.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related information systems experience, including supervisory experience.
Experience with Linux and/or BSD systems administration preferred.
Experience with systems administration automation technologies such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible preferred.
Experience with cloud based service providers preferred.
Procurement experience preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans