Sr. Linux Systems Administrator : TS/SCI Polygraph Required Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chantilly, VA, US
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Requisition ID 2018-47646
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Chantilly
The successful candidate will be skilled in the administration and troubleshooting of secure CentOS 7 Systems. The candidate will also be responsible for updating and maintaining several identical operational systems. This includes downloading YUM updates to stand-alone YUM respository, installing the updates to a local test system, regression testing the updated system, and traveling to update and test the deployed systems. The individual should be familiar with security scan procedures and resolving compatibility issues. In addition, the candidate must be able to recognize and troubleshoot problems that may arise in the course of installing updates while at deployed locations without supervision. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Experience with bash scripting, LDAP, PAM, SELinux, McAfee for Linux, rpmbuild, createrepo, image backup and restore, network configuration and management, and miscellaneous administration such as chrony, apcupsd, rsync, and ssh keys.
4. Ability to perform Windows network updates and administration (Active Directory) along with the ability to maintain a small mixed network architecture.
5. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
6. Maintains system documentation
7. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
8. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
9. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
10. May program in an administrative language.
11. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
12. Provides advice and training to end-users.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
16. CONUS travel is required twice per quarter for less than one week each time.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Experience with VMWare Workstation Pro, docker container usage/config, Cisco ASA configuration, vulnerability scans and remediation, Gnome desktop, NVidia CUDA, Apache Tomcat, syslog and audit retrieval and analysis, NTP timeservers, Chef automation, and Raspberry Pi preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans