Sr Instructional Systems Designer - TS/SCI and Poly Required Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chantilly, VA, US
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Requisition ID 2018-49542
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Technical Operations (TechOps)
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Chantilly
Instructional Designer to support the execution of the Customer's instructional design process. A summary of tasks involved is as follows:
- Participate in the Customer's Curriculum Review Board.
- Based on Customer direction, work with identified clients to determine the learning need, the appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory.
- Identify information gaps and potential sources of information from which to obtain data and develop a data collection strategy and schedule.
- Document needs assessment findings to include recommendations to be used by the client.
- For a single documented learning need, identify design concepts that will satisfy the need. Design concepts should demonstrate an advanced understanding of instructional design models and learning theory, be technically sound, and consider possible constraints such as resources and capabilities given the classified environment.
- Analyze each Customer approved design concept to determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and sequence of events required to create the learning experience.
- Design, develop and deliver instructional materials for instructor and student use in approved formats such as visuals, handouts and reference guides.
- Participate in any formative evaluation events scheduled by the Customer or support client events as directed.
- Ten (10) years of work experience in any of the following areas: instructional design, instructional technology, experiential adult learning, or a closely related field.
Bachelors degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs, including supervisory experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the development and delivery of training programs.
Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technologies as required.
Effective supervisory skills.
Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the development and delivery of training programs.
Advanced knowledge of relevant technologies as required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.