Sr Engineer, Network Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tyndall AFB, FL, US
Requisition ID 2018-47669
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-FL-Tyndall AFB
Conducts network architecture solutions of legacy civil engineering systems and integrates emerging technologies to meet customer needs. Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks. Conducts base assessments, integrates networked solutions, performs field installations, and develops operations and sustainment activities. Associated tasks include;
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services.
5. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. Performs network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
• Passports are required to support on-site staffing and travel requirements.
• There will be CONUS and OCONUS travel for assessments, installations, and to support on-site sustainment.
• Cyber security certification by position are required (IAT II).
• DoD SECRET clearance required.
• Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security highly desired but not required.
• Familiarity with USAF EITDR and DoD eMASS desired but not required.
• Knowledge of DOD and Air Force DIACAP, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Information Assurance, and NETOPS is a plus.
• Familiarity with NIST 800 series desired but not required.
• Experience with DoD and US Air Force (USAF) desired but not required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans