Sr. Cyber Security Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tampa, FL, US
Requisition ID 2018-46367
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-FL-Tampa
ARMA-Global is seeking aself-starterCybersecurity Network Engineer toparticipate as a member of an integrated government/contractor team of technical and functional experts in the conduct of cybersecurity at USSOCOM.The office monitors USSOCOM networks and systems for cyber threats and works with stakeholders to mitigate and remediate identified cyber vulnerabilities. This position willbe responsible for:
- Implementing and monitoring necessary security controls to maintain an Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- Track and maintain certification information databases, websites and tools to ensure networks, systems and devices are properly documented and managed from a security perspective.
- Identifies security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives.
- Conducts complex security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate issues. Develops policies and procedures for securing the system infrastructure and applications.
- Develops complex technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides complex technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines. Develops, implements, enforces and communicates security policies and/or plans for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Performs highly complex product evaluations, recommends and implements products/services for network security. Validates and tests complex security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Provides complex technical oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures. Develops manuals and ensures system support personnel receive/maintain security awareness and training.
- Assesses the impact on the business unit/customer caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and reports to senior management.
If you have a passion for assisting in the execution of a Special Operations classified contract environment and looking for an exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience of 5 to 8 years to include supporting MIL/GOV customer.
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists.
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques.
- Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies.
- Thorough understanding and practical expertise with Intelligence Community Directive 503 (ICD 503) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework.
- Experience producing and maintaining Assessment and Authorization packages.
- Experience validating NIST 800-53 Security Controls; CNSSI 1253 Security Controls and Overlays.
- Must meet 8570 requirement
- CISSP or ISSEP certification
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans