Special Assistant I w/Polygraph Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Administrative and Support Services
McLean, VA, US
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Requisition ID 2018-50626
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Administration
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-McLean
Performs various advanced administrative and secretarial duties in support of a company or customer executive. Typically supports executive(s) at the VP level.
Location: McLean, VA (Temporary - 3 months)
Core hours: 6 a.m - 6 p.m (8 hrs per day, 5 days per week)
• SA will be responsible for managing calendars for Executive Level staff officers (approx 6 executive officers)
• SA will need to prioritize, schedule, or reschedule ALL the officer's calendars
• SA will draft routine and non-routine correspondence between the Office executives and other high level executives for formatting and adherence to office style guidelines
• SA must have strong MS Office experience - should be able to create/analyze data for Executives with little to no guidance
• SA must be able to prioritize tasks and action items; while occasionally serving as backup SA for other Center executives, Front Office Legal Staff, and other Directorate executives in the Front Office
• SA must have database experience; to include travel coordination for assigned staff
• SA must be professional at all times and must be reliable and committed to daily work schedule
1. Prepares and types correspondence, reports, presentation materials, and memoranda, usually of a confidential nature.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls and responds to routine inquiries.
3. Prepares and maintains files and other records.
4. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
5. May take dictation and transcribe notes.
6. Processes expense reports.
7. Creates spreadsheets and maintains databases.
8. May provide work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.