Solutions Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC, US
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-DC-Washington
GDIT is seeking a Software Solutions Architect to join our team supporting a newly developed solution being prototyped for our Department of Commerce customer in the Washington DC area. As a senior systems architect, you will provide technical leadership to drive the technical solution innovation and system utilization. This position begins with the Prototype for a single customer has the potential to grow into a high-visibility position will provide broad cross-domain and cross-disciplinary expertise in ensuring the organization is strategic in future enterprise application and system thought as well as applying best industry best practices in system planning, implementation and innovation. Primary duties include working with other business units to understand long-term system vision and creating the technical implementation strategy to ensure scalability and long-term organization growth. This person will also help clarify requirements, and proposing solutions that meet business milestones as well as a hand in directing the technical implementations. Finally, the Senior Systems Architect will jump in when necessary to help diagnose larger system issues and work with project managers to confidently complete projects on time. Projects may align to a formalized SDLC approach (Agile or waterfall - varies by project). Additional tasks may include helping to determine high-level and detailed estimates, creating technical workflow and other supporting documentation to help drive the implementation of large enterprise systems projects as well as helping to implement best practices around technical development and deployment.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.
- Lead technical solution strategy throughout the Capture, Proposal and Prototype lifecycle.
- Engage current and prospective customers to understand critical needs, socialize and vet solutions, and advise on strategies to shape acquisitions that achieve desired results
- Identify and select the best technical solutions and approaches to meet anticipated or actual acquisition requirements
- Lead solution design and the development of key artifacts including, but not limited to architectural models, process diagrams, concepts of operation, etc.
- Develop unsolicited technical recommendations, collateral to engage prospective customers and position GDIT to win
- Collaborate with GDIT technical service areas and lines of business to identify and bring the best technical and business strategies and solutions to differentiate GDIT
- Contribute to teaming strategies including identifying and vetting potential partners
- Develop cost strategies, LOEs/BOEs/BOMs, and associated rationale
- Ensure readiness of solution and proposal support team to prepare a compelling and compliant response to the government-s solicitation
- Lead development of the Technical volumes and orals presentations and other documentation
- Coach and advise more junior solution architecture and support resources
- Ensure integration of technical solution with all sections and volumes of the proposal
- Review proposals and provide critical feedback needed to strengthen our solution and proposals
- Author Technical volume introductions, key sections and orals slides including developing compelling graphics
- Extensive experience in architecting, analyzing, designing and developing Distributed Enterprise
- Applications (on premise and cloud platforms)
- Extensive experience in architecture and previous application development
- Experience in leading technical teams including defining architectural roadmap to meet business goals and end to end solutions
- Solid industry experience in end-to-end cloud based solution design and development of Microservices,
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Object Oriented Programming (OOP), deploying and running applications in Cloud
- Proven track record of building, leading and managing development & automation teams and successful commercial project & product delivery (full SDLC - both Waterfall and Agile)
- Previous experiencing leading remote, geographically distributed teams
- Strong, articulate communication skills knowing the right level of technical detail to include for multiple audiences (executives, vendors, contractors)
- Continuously striving for excellence in adapting new technologies, decision making and exceeding expectations.
Potential Technologies may include: Java, Salesforce, Ruby, JS Frameworks, API Web Services (REST, SOAP), HTML, SQL, Reporting frameworks, Cloud Platform (AWS),
- Agile/Waterfall management approaches, industry-best practice patterns, modern data storage techniques, cutting-edge knowledge of AI/Machine Learning, Exposure to automated testing, test-driven development, continuous integration environments, familiarity with common dev environments (Maven, Gradle, Jira, IntelliJ, Eclipse, JBuilder, Apache ANT, Trac, Jenkins), intimate knowledge of common application servers and integration approaches, strong knowledge code repo systems
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans