Service Desk Technician - Mid/Sr - TS/SCI - Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wright Patterson AFB, OH, US
Requisition ID 2018-47097
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-OH-Wright Patterson AFB
- Provide software support to include remote and at-the desk installation, troubleshooting, and remediation of end-user software requests in a customer service oriented, team environment
- ~11,653 end-user workstations
- ~126 requests per month over 4 networks (NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, StoneGhost)
- ~917 software titles
- ~5-7 software packages per month for the application catalog
- Estimated work load:
- Lead installation, troubleshooting and demolition actions required by internal and external agencies and work with vendors/original manufacturers for additional support needed
- Monitor, open, assign, update and close tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems
- Troubleshoot assigned tickets using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) outlined at division level, to include weekly updates of trouble tickets
- Install desktop software
- Provide desktop support at the customer's location as required, such as adding workstations to the domain, troubleshooting hardware issues, installing drivers; desktop support includes Windows and Red Hat Linux workstations and mobile computing (i.e. laptops and tablets)
- Coordinate with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II or Level III support is required.
- Physically or remotely log into the system and execute prepackaged Microsoft Installers (MSIs) or follow prescribed flowcharts/checklists
- Assist Air Force Network (AFNET) Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) with resolution of Remedy trouble tickets
- Work with the NASIC SW License Manager to track all licensed SW
- Maintain software file share
- Package software for the NASIC Application Catalog for SIPRNET and JWICS
- Utilize the customer's trouble ticket tracking system (Microsoft System Center Service Manager) and the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Trouble Ticketing system (e.g. Remedy) to track all customer requests
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification.
- Minimum of five years' experience performing Microsoft administration and an understanding of networks and network infrastructure fundamentals.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively while recognizing customers' competence levels and approaching each level appropriately.
- Able to utilize standard Active Directory and UNIX based commands.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans