Senior Unified Communications Engineer *Top Secret Clearance Required* Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fairmont, WV, US
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-WV-Fairmont
***Only applicants with an active Top Secret (TS) Clearance need apply***
Senior Unified Communications Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Senior Unified Communications Engineer to join our Justice Programs team in support of the Dept. Of Justice. The primary duties for this position included engineering, integration, design and development of data communications networks in addition to the following:
- Work with remote users (internal and external) to successfully connect with existing video conferencing equipment
- Implement Unified Communications Applications into Enterprise solutions
- Perform Unified Communications software and hardware upgrades
- Manage high profile tasks and objectives
- Provide Tier 3 end user support for all Unified Communications (collaborative applications, mobile devices, video, and voice)
- Manage Executive Level Support to Government Lead for Unified Communication matters
- Perform engineering skills to implement email functionality with appropriate encryption.
- In-Depth knowledge of LAN/WAN and network protocols
- Support and maintain a high-availability unified messaging platform
- Telephone systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, telephony protocols, and communication standards.
- Streaming video systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, network streaming protocols, and communication standards.
- External communication connections, including familiarity with phone system trunk implementation, UC federation, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) peering, and H.32x neighboring implementation with associated protocols and communication standards.
- Communicate effectively in person, over the phone, and through email
- Undertake proactive measures to ensure compliance with the Information Security policies and processes.
- Document processes and procedures
Functional Responsibility: Analyzes local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices; resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including email, file transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing, and the like; configures systems to user requirements; supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed; performs various tests and documents results; administers and maintains local and wide area networks; provides technical support and troubleshooting to users; plans network layout design; may administer network security; may perform database administration; may provide guidance and training to lower level personnel and serve as technical team or task lead.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, computer information systems or relevant certificates and 8-10 years of related network experience.
- Also requires knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and engineering plus knowledge of and ability to use relevant hardware, software and other equipment.
- Microsoft and Exchange certifications preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans