Senior Software Developer / Enterprise Solution Architect Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Point Mugu Nawc, CA, US
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ32083
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Senior Software Engineer/ Enterprise Solution Architect
Who we are:
Come Join Our Team! GDIT is a government contractor providing professional and technical services to various government agencies (i.e. defense). We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our winning team. The individual hired for this position will provide support for our government customer located in Point Mugu, CA.
What youll do:
- Performs the work necessary to design, develop, document, test, integrate, and modify operating systems and application software for aviation systems
- Develops, creates, troubleshoots, and modifies specialized utility programs and applications in support of real-time systems
- Performs hardware and software development planning in the incorporation of hardware and software modifications into aviation systems
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Helps to lead other S/W engineers to perform and assist in duties.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in electronics or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- A minimum of ten years of practical experience in software development associated with modeling and simulation within the training systems domains is required
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows and various Unix flavors, such as Linux
- Familiar with software development and diagnostic tools
- CompTIA Security+ CE preferred
- Desired Programming Languages: Assembly; C, C++; Microsoft .Net (C#, VB); Java
- Desired Operating Systems: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6,7
- Security Clearance
This position requires U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA CA Point Mugu
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.