RHEL / Solaris / Linux Systems Administrator - TS/SCI - Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wright Patterson AFB, OH, US
Requisition ID 2018-49836
Number of Positions 3
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-OH-Wright Patterson AFB
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Provide Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Solaris and Linux system administration support during the core work hours and on-call support for non-core hours as approved by the COR or QAP:
Provide Level III CFP backchannel support.
Provide compliance with USAF/DIA directives, including but not limited to Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alerts (ICVA).
Sustainserver, storage and workstation infrastructure in compliance with Command Cyber Readiness Inspection criteria.
Provide documented Operational views of new installations and upgrades and comply with all governance.
Sustain remote management services and connectivity for ~10,000 fiber-connected desktops,~200 help desk tickets per month; maintain self-serve software application catalogs with ~100 titles responding to new requests within 5 business days.
Enterprise includes primarily Solaris and RHEL operating systems (OS).
Enterprise programs and applications to be supported are: NIS, DNS, Vintela Authentication Services, RedHat Satellite Server, Zenoss Enterprise Network Modeling, Oracle, BMC/Remedy, Jumpstart, NetBackup, StorNext HSM, Veritas HSM, Veritas Clusters, IBRIX, ZFS, VMWare, Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM), Virtual Box, Samba, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle Web Services, eXmeritus, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Firefox, Adobe, Symantec, Secure Messaging and Routing Terminal Server (Smart) and Smart.neXt, VMWare ESX and Consolidated Backup Server, and YUM repositories, Open Office and various programming/scripting languages including Fortran, C, C++, Perl, Java, Bourne and Korn Shell.
Enterprise services to be supported are the enterprise message systemand electronic records management
Maintain/administer/update Unix/Linux products, applications and services.
Maintain/administer/update approved third party Unix/Linux applications.
Provide functional utilization reports as requested.
Build/maintain/administer license servers.
Perform Certificate to Operate (CTO) testing and produce test result reports in accordance with provided guidance provide support for operating system and third party application Server and Workstation products.
Create/maintain custom ad hoc scripting.
Maintain Domain Name Service administration and configuration integrated across Windows/Unix.
Maintain/update Kickstart server/workstation builds.
Maintain/update NIS maps.
Provide Network File System (NFS) support.
Maintain/update custom Samba services.
Maintain/update programming/scripting languages and libraries.
Install and maintain security/update patches for Linux and Solaris.
Develop configuration management tools including but not limited to Root_disk_dump, Useradd, and Qservers.
Write custom Oracle queries/reports and/or developing Perl modules to obtain additional required data from workstations/servers.
Write API Satellite Perl scripts for queries management of server and clients and API scripts to manage Red Hat Satellite server and its clients.
Develop scripts to maintain integrity of critical network services (DNS, NIS, LDAP, VAS password synchronization) between Solaris, Linux and Windows.
Perform functionality testing before application installation and regression testing post-install and generating before-after reporting.
Develop new and maintain existing ad hoc customer-scripting supporting administrative requirements.
Develop local processes and scripts to ensure consistent updates, along with on-linked hourly/daily/monthly backups of critical source files.
Configure, maintain, update, and monitor samba services wherever customer Windows clients need access to enterprise class Hitachi SAN and NAS storage.
Maintain both Red Hat and Custom Software channels on Red Hat Satellite servers Redhat Package Manager (RPM) repositories by downloading RPM updates to be sent to Satellite clients.
Administer Windows domain accounts and groups while keeping each integrated with Linux accounts and groups.
Ensure proper client versions are being used and configurations are kept compliant.
Provide UNIX/Linux VAS access controls to all UNIX/Linux servers and clients.
Provide complete network modeling detailing all network equipment, servers and workstations.
Ensure all SAM-QFS file systems are active and able to stage files.
Perform HSM database checks and tape library maintenance.
Provide Useradd application support.
Perform firmware upgrades.
Provide pre/post-maintenance test scriptage (qservers).
Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
Troubleshoot system performance problems and make system modifications to accommodate hardware upgrades.
Provide Solaris system and network configuration and administration.
Provide Sendmail and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) support.
Document installations, removals, and change requests using the CCR process. Gather technical information in support of the CCR process to include microcode software updates, license software changes, and updates to antivirus applications. Submit a government CCR documenting the change and receiving approval prior to completing the modification.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Shall possess CompTIA Security+ certification with current CE status.
- Minimum of six years of experience working with Solaris (10 and above) and possess a current UNIX certification.
- Minimum of six years of experience with Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Enterprise backup and restore solutions, scripting, and experience with security scanning products.
- Minimum of six years of experience in enterprise backup and restore solutions, storage area network (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS) with scripting languages.
- Minimum of six years of experience in Perl scripting, Active Directory, Windows networking, and infrastructure support.
- Minimum of six years of experience in systems analysis, requirements analysis, software design, coding, testing, and validation.
- Able to install and extract network cabling and climb ladders without difficulty.
- As required, work any shift/extended shifts, and provide on call support •
- Possess a Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator for RHEL 6 (RH200) certification.
- Possess a Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris (SCSA) Certification.
- Possess a VMware Certified Professional 5-Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) certification.
- Possess Oracle/Sun Enterprise Server certifications (e.g. M9000, M6).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.