Research Technician II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ft Sam Houston, TX, US
Job Function Science and Engineering
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-TX-Ft Sam Houston
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a dedicated Research Technician II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, Texas.
- Provide support for laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge towards the solution of a broad range of theoretical and practical problems in the areas of human disease prevention.
- Supports the development of protocols to test the efficacy of antibiotics on bacterial cell cultures.
- Prepares biofilms for laster treatments, performs conjugation of gold nanoparticles, maintains bacterial cultures, etc.
- Collect and maintain research data and files.
- Recommend and draft changes to protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Plan and perform research experiments, procedures, and tests.
- Coordinate the initiation of sponsor and PI directed laboratory research studies.
Associates Degree in a technical or scientific discipline, or the equivalent level of college coursework.
3-5 years of related experience.
Preferred experience with cell culture, microbiology, and molecular biology techniques.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans