Research Associate II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ft Sam Houston, TX, US
Job Function Science and Engineering
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-TX-Ft Sam Houston
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a Research Associate II to join our team to support the Naval Medical Research Unit at Ft. Sam Houston - San Antonio, Texas. NAMRU-SA is a major research center conducting medical, craniofacial, directed energy and biomedical research, which focuses on ways to enhance the health, safety, performance, and operational readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel and addresses their emergent medical and oral/facial problems in routine and combat operations.
- Assists with administrative tasks, including preparation and revision of documents approved or to be approved by the Government to include: Statements of work, IACUC and IRB protocols, Research proposals, and Manuscripts, reports and presentations.
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of clinical research studies, including regulatory requirements, maintenance of study record and all activities associated with internal and external audits.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies for research under contract.
- Maintains regulatory IACUC/IRB requirements
- Modifies and plans research experiment schedules, procedures, and tests.
- Ability to research and collect data through complex laboratory/scientific experiments, techniques, and procedures, library research, or through other means for research projects.
Bachelor's Degree in a scientific or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
1-3 years of related scientific experience.
Experience supporting IRB and/or IACUC protocols.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans