Protocol Administrative Assistant, Intermediate - TS/SCI Required Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Administrative and Support Services
Schriever AFB, CO, US
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Requisition ID 2018-48506
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Administration
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-CO-Schriever AFB
• *Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
- Experience with Protocol and Precedence
- Greet and escort visitors
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
- Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
- Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results
- Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections
- Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
- Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- May provide work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This role is not yet funded
Associates Degree in a related business discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training; or work experience.
3-5 years of related administrative experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of proper English usage; spelling; grammar; punctuation and sentence structure to ensure that written materials prepared and reviewed are complete; succinct; and formatted correctly
- Experience with protocol and precedence
- Knowledge of IC/DoD organizational structure, mission, vision, culture, values, philosophy and operating principles
- Skill to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and versatility
- Ability to foster solid relationships that promote cooperation and communicate expectations
- Ability to analyze situations and make well informed decision
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Onsite Gym - get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor .
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans