Product Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Manufacturing and Production
Lima, OH, US
Location: Joint Systems Manufacturing Center - Lima, OH
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Department: MFG Product Management - L2060 (Direct)
This challenging, entry-level position offers the successful candidate opportunities for career growth while performing the following duties:
• Coordinate and oversee assigned products/projects, including the implementation of new, additional, and/or unique manufacturing product lines and production programs.
• Responsible for cost estimate development, schedule development, participation in contract definition interpretation and negotiation, facility, equipment, tooling and manpower requirements.
• Coordinate major changes to product lines/projects and manufacturing programs to ensure technical, cost and schedule performance requirements are met.
• Function as the liaison between Division Program management, Production, Quality, Finance, Planning, Supply Chain and customers to ensure successful product line/project plan execution.
• Lead and facilitate cross-functional teams to implement innovative technologies and processes and coordinate facility, processes, and resources necessary to meet specific project or program requirements.
• Monitor, when applicable, cost and schedule performance in accordance with the Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
• Participate in the analysis of plant capabilities and development of new business prospects.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and a U. S. citizen.
• Must obtain unescorted facility access through process administered by Department of Army.
• Must pass background check and pre-employment medical process including a drug screen.
• Bachelor's Degree in Management or Engineering required.
• Must have understanding of business finance - profit/loss.
• Must have demonstrated critical thinking skills to develop and present technically detailed and complex presentations.
• Ability to set priorities and multi-task to meet business critical requirements.
• Effective project management skills and organization.
• Perform complex problem solving and root cause analysis.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Familiarity with government contractual language is a plus.
• Some travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.