Principal Systems Engineer- Electrical/Mechanical Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Williston, VT, US
US-VT-Williston | US-ME-Saco
Job ID: 2018-6204
Type: Full Time
# of Openings: 1
A Principal Systems Engineer, Electro-Mechanical at GD-OTS offers you the opportunity to be continuously challenged and allows you to demonstrate your skills and talent in a highly collaborative environment. If you see yourself as a versatile individual, broadened experiences and career advancement are within your control.
We are about developing advanced Gatling Gun, crew served weapon and other electro-mechanical technologies. Our products can be found with every U.S. military branch and with allies around the world.
You as the latest Principal Systems Engineer, Electro-Mechanical member of our team will be integral to the design and development of many future Gatling Gun and advanced defensive weapons systems. Come join our incredible team and know that you will be making a difference in the mission of our Warfighter.
The Principal Systems Engineer, Electro-mechanical provides technical leadership for assigned programs and product lines, determines the technical approach, applies creativity and advanced concepts in the area of specialty in developing solutions. Provide support to a wide array of technical products.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Principal Systems Engineer, Electro-Mechanical is responsible for:
- Planning the engineering approach that meets contract systems level requirements.
- Broad knowledge of robotics, motion control and integration
- Experience with integration of electro-optical, radar and related sensor technology.
- Developing the system specification consisting of derived and allocated requirements for the system.
- Work with project and design engineers to assure that system level technical performance objectives are met while realizing schedule and budget constraints.
- Modeling, simulation and analysis of controls systems including system logic.
- Support formal root cause and corrective action.
- Authoring of test plans that will effectively and efficiently verify requirements compliance.
- Supporting customer demonstrations onsite and at customer facilities.
- Support technical reviews e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR.
- Product Test and Demonstration; firing the gun systems at testing location conveniently located several miles from office
Work is performed with minimal supervision guided by policies and precedent. Comprehensive knowledge of discipline and full capability of applying principles, concepts and practice in arriving at solutions to problems of moderate complexity. The ideal candidate will have considerable latitude in making decisions which may have relatively significant impact on the program/project; may function in project leadership role on moderately sized project or report to more senior leader on large projects.
The Principal Systems Engineer, Electro-Mechanical will demonstrate expert proficiency in more than one engineering discipline or in a scientific discipline, and must possess the following skills and knowledge areas:
- Technical background in robotics, motion control and integration
- Project management fundamentals needed to ensure successful planning and execution of the technical project
- Technical fundamentals needed to make decisions that ensure safe and reliable operation of products
- Failure analysis, root cause, and corrective action tools and techniques needed to quickly and efficiently solve problems
- Technical writing skills needed to effectively communicate at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to author test plans and reports needed to verify requirements compliance
- Verbal communication and presentation skills needed to align team actions with project objective
- Earned value management
- Ability to estimate manpower requirements needed to support project objective
- Ability to plan and estimate work in support of proposal
- Use of Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with DOORS desired.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering, technical, or science discipline or equivalent experience.
Desired: Master’s degree in an applicable engineering, technical, or science discipline.
Desired: Six to eight years of relevant experience.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans