Principal Export Control Analyst- Secret Clearance Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Washington, DC, US
Job Function Program Management
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-DC-Washington
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Principal Export Control Analyst to:
- Assist NASA with assessing compliance with federal export-import laws and regulations and the associated NASA policies.
- Support development of policy and procedures to ensure technology transfer risks are properly managed across NASA.
- Process NASA export authorization requests received from Centers.
- Assist with making jurisdiction and classification determinations.
- Assist with drafting and reviewing advisory opinions and disclosures to regulators.
- Supervise GDIT Info/Functional Analysts assigned to the contract and assess their compliance with contractor procedures supporting the SOW, oversee procedure updates as required.
- In coordination with the GDIT project manager, establish and maintain a training plan for all positions on the contract.
- Serve as back-up to the GDIT program manager for the contract's program management functions.
- B.S. degree in a related technical discipline or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- SECRET level security clearance,
- B.S. degree in a related technical discipline or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience,
- Minimum of five (5) years of overall experience, including:
- At least two (2) years with aeronautics and/or space systems or similar technology field,
- At least three (3) years with ITAR and/or EAR Export Compliance, including performance of export compliance audits, and
- At least three (3) years of experience with Microsoft suite of office programs.
- Professional well-mannered team player; excellent oral and written communication skills, and
- Proactive, attention-to-detail, self-driven, and able to work well among a diverse group of colleagues and managers.
- Advanced engineering degree (Master's or higher) in an aerospace related discipline, or an advanced degree (Master's or higher) in a technical field such as physicist, chemist, etc.,
- Seven (7) to nine (9) years of relevant experience,
- Active, or expired (less than five years) export compliance "certification" (e.g., CUSECO, ITAR Professional, empowered official) or the equivalent combination of education, compliance training, or work/military experience, and
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans