Network Cisco Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Portsmouth, VA, US
Requisition ID 2019-51112
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Portsmouth
General Dynamics Information Technology, Defense Division, Naval Forces Sector is looking for talented candidates to join our team to support Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) Voice Gateway (MVG) at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Candidates will provide engineering and technical support in the design, development and implementation of current and new MVG system components, capability enhancements, and technical refresh activities.
- Candidates will develop and maintain designated engineering design documents such as Installation Design Plans, Installation Control Drawings (ICDs), Capability Development Documents, Base Electronic System Engineering Plans, and prepare technical presentations with current information.
- Candidates will conduct technical analyses of engineering and installation documentation; such as, design packages, site preparation, and installation plans pertinent to the design, installation, and checkout of communication systems.
- Candidates will provide engineering and technical support in the preparation and maintenance of configuration management plans and support.
- Candidates will evaluate and review proposed software solutions for communication and information systems and their implementation of industry-based standards and protocols.
- Candidates will monitor and maintain the interoperability of all interfaces within and external to the system, including the necessary supporting equipment, facilities, and other systems and equipment in the operational environment.
- Candidates will provide technical and distant support for all MVG system nodes via secure/non-secure telephone, emails, and other communication methods necessary to perform system resolution, fault analysis, testing and/or repair MVG components to operational status.
- Candidates will provide cyber security vulnerability management for MVG components. Applying updates to applicable MVG components, test the component in the lab environment to validate functionality, and implement those updates at MVG components at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- A current Secret Security clearance is required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
IAT I or IAT II is a plus.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
A current Secret Security clearance is required.
Knowledge and related experience in any of these areas:
Cisco Meeting Server 1000 (CMS-1000), Cisco MeetingPlace, Cisco 3900 and 4000 series router, Cisco switches, timing & frequency systems, cryptographic equipment, Type 1 Secure Communications Interoperability Protocol (SCIP), VMware vSphere, Red Hat Linux, Windows 7/10, Windows 2008/2003/NT Server, and Workstation.
REDCOM HDX and Shout vx900/1800 is a plus.
AS-SIP, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco IOS, CDR, Cisco and vIPer phones, DHCP, DNS, EIGRP, Wireshark, Fiber optic modems, FTP, HTTP, H323 MGCP, ISDN, OSPF, RADIUS, RIP, RSTP, RTP, SCCP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, Solar Winds, SSL, SS7, T1/E1, TCP/IP, WINS
Information Assurance experience and or knowledge of DOD 8570 processes.
Strong communications system/network troubleshooting skills.
Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Self-starter and work under minimum supervision.
Ideal candidate should posses any of the following Network Engineer related certifications:
CCNA Cloud, CCNA Collaboration, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Security, CCNP Cloud, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Cyber Ops, CCNP Routing and Switching, and CCNP Security.
Primary work location is Portsmouth, VA and Chesapeake, VA and travel is required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.