NCIS Sr SharePoint Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
Requisition ID 2018-46802
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Quantico
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Sr. SharePoint Developer to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide thesewarnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following functions:
- Design new applications integrating using both the SharePoint Controls and Web Service implementations as part of the overall architecture.
- Develop, test, and refine the applications to meet stakeholder requirements and established User Interface design.
- Isolate, diagnose, repair and resolve software problems.
- Provide feedback for regular internal process improvement and best practice reviews.
- Applies industry best practices to all development efforts
- Post, edit, distribute and maintain appropriate content for classified and unclassified website/portals
- Develop and maintain an accurate, consistent, repeatable process for responses to official questions by collecting, consolidating, and preparing written responses to external RFI or internal query from leadership
- Create and maintain records in compliance with DoD Records Management policies and directives
- Organize data, establish file structures, and ensure information is captured and stored in locations accessible to various user groups
- Develop TTPs for coordinating the flow of information and work to periodically test these TTPs during exercises.
- Integrates information from departments and functions throughout the organization to facilitate easy access, sharing and dissemination of information with internal business partners and external customers Trains and educates front-end users of the knowledge management tools.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years professional SharePoint experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required to start.
- Current DoD 8570 Level II (ex. Security +)
- Desirable:MS certification in Web Development or SharePoint Applications.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans