NCIS SecOps Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
Requisition ID 2018-46804
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Quantico
Join General Dynamics Infoirmation Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS team is searching for a System Administrator to join their program in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of approximately 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the DON component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Operations division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the followingresponsibilities/functions:
- Implement STIG releases across a variety of operating systems and applications
- Tracks and remediates IAVM vulnerabilities
- Manages ACAS vulnerability reports and remediates as required
- Performs software upgrades, patch installs, firmware upgrades
- Diagnosis and troubleshoot problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software
- Daily written and oral communications with coworkers and leadership
- Continual attention to periodic SCAP and STIG requirements needed to harden the servers
- Troubleshoot and configure servers in a virtual environment using vSphere
- Create scripts in various shells to automate daily and periodic tasks
- Document work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief staff and customers various tasks
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Years of Experience : Minimum 7 years in systems administration
Required Education : Bachelors (May be substituted for additional years of experience)
- Experience in the following is required:
- DoD system accreditation process
- STIG checklist review process to include SCAP scans and implementation
- Microsoft SCCM package creation and deployment
- Group Policy Management administration to include policy creation and maintenance
- Familiarity with Windows 10 including deployment via SCCM / standalone options
- Improving systemoperations and functionality, monitoring, and optimization of servers and workstations
- Previous exposure with VMware virtual environments
- Requires ability to work in a collaborative environment to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- current DoD 8570 - IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
- Fully adjudicated active Top Secret clearance is required to start, must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans