NCIS .NET Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
Requisition ID 2018-50863
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Quantico
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Sr. ASP.NET Developer to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of over 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON) component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide thesewarnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following functions:
- Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment
- Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems
- Supports stakeholder and product owner meetings to help define and validate software requirements
- Supports the Project Manager as a technical team lead on specified projects
- Identifies gaps in requirements and helps solve problems for the supporting staff
- Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project
- Oversees application development and reports progress
- Maintains legacy applications
- Collaborates with DBAs, SAs, and BAs to design solutions
- Develops design artifacts
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of software products and performs software maintenance
- Develops ways to improve performance and increase system availability
- Provides recommendations to infuse new technology
- Serves as a subject matter expert for specified systems and their subsequent applications
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 7+ years of web development experience
- Bachelor's degree (May be substituted for additional years of experience)
- UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc...).
- Server-side web technologies (node.js, RESTful architecture)
- Enterprise application server technologies (IIS, ASP.NET, SharePoint)
- Relational database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Security+ CE
Experience in the following is a plus:
- C Sharp
- SDLC (i.e. Agile)
- Test Driven Development
- Understanding of automated acceptance testing
- Understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.