Navy GCCS-M Systems Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chesapeake, VA, US
Requisition ID 2019-53267
Number of Positions 1
Job Function SCA
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Chesapeake
Provide technical support for the following equipment: GCCS-M.
1. Performs highly complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Directs complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures, and makes necessary repairs.
5. Participates in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as a team leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.
Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the troubleshooting, assessment and repair of one of the following systems. Experience shall have been gained within the last 8 years.
- AN/USQ-187 GCCS-M 4.1.1
- AN/USQ-172 GCCS-M 4.0
2. Demonstrate specific experience gained in the troubleshooting, repair and assessment on the following systems/equipment. While not required, the more experience gained on these systems may be more advantageous to the government. List specific amount of troubleshooting and repair experience after each system including 'no experience': Experience may be concurrent.
- AN/USQ-151 Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT)
- AN/USQ-152 TBMCS
- AN/USQ-188 Radiant Mercury
- AN/USQ-208 Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services - CANES
- Passive Link Tap (PLT)
3. While not required, attainment of special electronic repair skills / certifications such as basic soldering, wire-wrap, connectorization, fiber optics etc may be more advantageous to the government and should be so annotated in the resume(s).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.