Manager, Help Desk Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tyndall AFB, FL, US
Requisition ID 2018-45028
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-FL-Tyndall AFB
Leads the Operations Center Branch and Performs as Shfit Supervisor of Operations Center CyberSecurity Service Center. Reponds to cyber controls service desk incidents, problems, and service requests. Manages the srvices desk and technical support operations. Supports field surverys, installation and operational support. Associated tasks include;
1. Manages all activities related to the staffing and operation of an information systems service desk.
2. Supervises assigned staff, which may include subordinate supervisors, in support of networked and stand-alone computer users and systems
3. Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
4. Plans and implements software and/or systems upgrades and modifications.
5. Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company/customer objectives.
6. Studies and projects support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes recommendations to management.
7. Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software.
8. Recommends new hardware and software.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 8-10 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations, including supervisory experience.
• Passports are required to support on-site staffing and travel requirements.
• There will be CONUS and OCONUS travel for assessments, installations, and to support on-site sustainment.
• Cyber security certification by position are required (IAT I/IAM I)
• DoD SECRET clearance required.
• Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security highly desired but not required.
• Familiarity with USAF EITDR and DoD eMASS desired but not required.
• Knowledge of DOD and Air Force DIACAP, Risk Management Framework (RMF), Information Assurance, and NETOPS is a plus.
• Familiarity with NIST 800 series desired but not required.
• Experience with DoD and US Air Force (USAF) desired but not required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans