Linux Systems Administrator - Secret Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Las Cruces, NM, US
Requisition ID 2018-50083
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-NM-Las Cruces
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Secret clearance
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related.
- 4-6 years of progressive Red Hat Linux experience
- A current CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Linux Based (Red Hat, Linux+) certification
- Experience on with LINUX-based desktop Operating Systems.
- An ability to work from command line / terminal basis.
- Current Linux based certification (Red Hat, Linux+).
- Network experience, to include classified environments.
- A proven ability to multi-task.
Desired Skills & Certifications:
- Experience with IAVM process.
- Experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues and hardware support.
- Red Hat Certified Environment.
- Remote and deskside support.
- Package development (software, scripts, script modification) as needed.
- VMware Certifications (vSphere, RHEV preferred).
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.