Help Desk Technician Associate- Active TS/SCI Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
MacDill AFB, FL, US
Top Secret w/SCI eligibility
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ23613
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret w/SCI eligibility
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI
No Suitability Required
GDIT has opportunities for motivated, customer service oriented Help Desk Technicians to support the consolidated Service Desk at USSOCOM in MacDill, FL. The CSD is the enterprise primary point of contact for responding to and managing end user requests. In this role, you will support SOCOM services and help resolve incidents for all services provided on NIPRNET, SIPRNET, SOCRATES, GRAY, and designated coalition networks as well as BES2 and other mobile computing communications. This is a customer service focused environment. Join GDIT and be a part of the team supporting SOCOM in a modern enterprise service desk environment.
As the selected Help Desk Technician, you will be responsible for performing the following (not limited to):
- Interfaces directly with supported end-users to provide hardware, software, network and applications problem resolution.
- Proficient with industry standard desktop operating systems and office automation software suites.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Clearly communicate via phone, portals and instant messaging with end users and technicians.
- Present a professional, sharp and technically savvy image via verbal, written and in person communications with customers with responsibilities ranging from entry level to the senior executive levels and serve as a positive example to other technicians on the team.
Must be qualified to perform the following functions:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for resolution of desktop/laptop/mobile related problems in a 56,000+ customer enterprise.
- Troubleshoot research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Office applications, email, other special applications, Internet connections, and hardware/peripheral equipment via telephone.
- Document, track, resolve, and report on problems and work orders using Remedy Action Request database system.
- Modify/create and troubleshoot user accounts via Active Directory, submit changes to file management and peripheral devices via Remedy, escalate network incidents, and provide direct support to USSOCOM customers located throughout the world.
- Determine which special team can best resolve the problem and assign the task to the Desktop Support, Customer Support, Network Administration or System Administration Teams when a solution cannot be provided telephonically.
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot server, network, system and application issues.
- Technical experience in the setup, operation, and troubleshooting of all associated and follow-on operating systems.
- Monitor secure and non-secure networks 24X7 and escalate incidents to system administrators, network administrators, computer security administrators and management teams for resolution.
In order to be considered for the Help Desk Technician opportunity with GDIT, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum Education/Experience Requirements: Two (2) years of college and five (5) years of directly related Information Technology Service Desk experience or equivalent combination. Additional Professional Certifications may substitute for up to 1 year experience.
- Required certifications: Must hold current CompTIA Security +, Network + or A+ certification with enrollment in Continued Education (CE) for that certification (which shall not expire within the first 6 months of hire); Must obtain HDI Certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Must have experience troubleshooting core services (file, e-mail, print, web, portal and transport)
- Security Clearance Level: Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance.
It would be nice if you also had the following (not required but would set you apart from the rest):
- Special Operations Force experience is preferred (but not required).
- Preferred Certifications: MCP and ITIL V3 Foundations.
Work Hours: 24x7 Days, Mids and Late shifts to include weekends and holidays.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA FL MacDill AFB
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.