HBSS Network Administrator/Technician - Secret Clearance - Langley AFB, VA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Langley AFB, VA, US
Requisition ID 2019-53418
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Langley AFB
Langley AFB, VA
GDIT is currently seeking an HBSS Technicianto join the IAFNOS contract at Langley AFB, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
This position provides Information Assurance and integration support on the HBSS (Host-Based Security Solution) tool suite and administrative/analytical support to HBSS Tier 1.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and analyst support to the 33 NWS on the HBSS suite of tools
- Policy development, distribution and management
- Event Management- Monitor, detect, analyze, respond
- Report Management - New vulnerabilities, faulty policies, coordination with Tier 2 & 3
- Detection of new and rogue clients on AF networks
- Maintain logs
- Provide system analysis, troubleshooting and integration support for HBSS on the Air Force Network
- Provide support to policy development and management
- Ensure policies are tested and disseminated
- Provide engineering artifacts for C&A efforts as required
Please note: Shift work is possible.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 3-5 years of IT-related IA/security experience desired
- DoD 8570 Security certification ( Security+ CE at a minimum) required
- Experience with HBSS suite of McAfee tools or similar host-based security solutions.
- Systems Administrator experience
- Red Hat experience
- Ability to obtain McAfee 201, 301, and 501.
- Must be willing to obtain a MCSA Server 2016 within in 90 days from conversion
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.