Firewall and/or Proxy Administrator (Palo Alto or Blue Coat Proxy exp Pref) - Secret - Peterson AFB, CO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Peterson AFB, CO, US
Requisition ID 2019-53404
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-CO-Peterson AFB
Firewall and/or Proxy Administrator
GDIT is currently seeking a Firewall and/or Proxy Administratorat Peterson AFB to support the IAFNOS contract, which supports the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations, including defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
Firewall and/or Proxy Administrator
- Installing, configuring, operating, maintaining, monitoring, administering, and troubleshooting of network and network defense technologies (e.g., firewalls, application-based firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web proxy devices and servers, and associated software)
- Responding to outages and resolving and documenting priority incident tickets
- Changing, upgrading, and patching boundary devices
- Maintaining and operating Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Troubleshooting and correcting IPS induced service issues
- Granting and restricting administrative access to boundary devices according to authorization rules (keep)
- Working with communication units to maintain and administer security boundary components at locations IAW DoD and AF standards and guidance
- Monitoring network boundaries to provide intrusion detection, identification, and internal/external IT threat analysis
- Preserving, protecting, recovering and reconstituting friendly cyberspace capabilities before, during and after network attacks
- Responding to and accomplishing change request actions and documenting changes, upgrades, patches (keep)
- Accomplishing network maintenance during the Government-prescribed maintenance windows
- Troubleshooting web connectivity problems (keep)
- Participating in project management, planning, implementation and installation to ensure configuration and integration conforms to baseline architecture
Please Note: Shift work is possible.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in firewall administration and/or analysis.
- Experience supporting IAW DoD and US Air Force Standards for security boundary components/firewalls
- Experience working with Palo Alto Firewalls and/or Blue Coat Proxies highly preferred
- Experience working with Remedy Ticketing System highly preferred
- Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher is required
- Palo Alto Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) and/or Blue Coat Proxy Certified Administrator a plus
- Current Secret security clearance or higher, or be eligible for and obtain prior to starting work
- Palo Alto (ACE) certification
- Multiple Year of Palo Alto ACE experience and can work independently
- Good Proxy experience and confidence to login to troubleshoot
- Good LAN and enterprise network troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding sub netting
- Good understanding of the different AFNET Boundaries
- Good Remedy Ticketing skills to close different types of tickets
- Good SolarWinds Experience and/or SolarWinds certification
- Linux+ certification - At start or ability to obtain within 180 days
- Wireshark certification - At start or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Must be able to support 24/7 operations - Swing shift or Mid shift
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.