Field Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ft Hood, TX, US
Requisition ID 2018-46120
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Science and Engineering
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-TX-Ft Hood
Contract: Worldwide Systems Field Software Support
Location: Fort Hood, TX
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army's Communications-Electronics Command's (CECOM) Software Engineering Center's (SEC) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers software to enable the Expeditionary Army while supporting the SEC mission of ensuring operational readiness by developing, providing, integrating and maintaining Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), Logistics and Business software.
GDIT support to the SEC covers a wide range of garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies to the users of strategic and tactical command, control, communication, and computer (C4), business, and logistics management systems.
GDIT support will be provided to the various functional areas within the CECOM SEC to include Regional Field Support, Operations Center, and world-wide Customer Support Center offices established by SEC Field Support Division (FSD).
- Provide technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
- Provides expertise for resolving technical problems.
- Modifies products, programs and systems to customer requirements.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Provides end-user training.
- Performs various tests and documents results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
OGS Field Engineer Requirements / Skill Sets
- Demonstrates knowledge of Military Intelligence systems installation, configuration, deployment, functionality, and testing; able to provide written and updated technical system documentation, procedures and training materials.
- Provides guidance in the analysis of user needs to determine procedural requirements with the customization, maintenance, and installation of ESXi/VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Linux operating systems, software patching, and upgrading.
- Verifies appropriate LDAP configuration & procedures to maintain operator accounts and resolve any operator account related issues.
- Provides guidance on system testing and the implementation of backup and disaster recovery procedures of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Monitors the installation, maintenance, and configuration of DNS Servers & the host configuration.
- Ensures requirements such as daily performance checks on OGS applications, tools, and logs for serviceability are conducted.
- Monitors the configuration and efficiency of Safemove data replication.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of client & server software interaction including web-based application design, support, and integration.
- Understands Information Assurance (IA) methodology principles and assists IA staff with all documentation required for accreditation, etc.
- Maintains compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
- Be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- Military Experience is desired. Completion of U.S. Military Service NCO or Senior NCO Academy Course or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of practical experience on Military Intelligence (MI) systems.
- Four additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
- All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
- Required Security Environment Certification:
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Minimum Computing Environment (CE) Certification:
- DCGS or industry accepted certification required within six months of hire
- Preferred CE:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), or
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
- Required Security Environment Certification:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#KX04 #ISDCJ #DPOST #CJPOST #GDITRECRUITER
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans