Facilities Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Lima, OH, US
Location: Joint Systems Manufacturing Center - Lima, OH
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Department: Plant Engineering - Rep - L2503 (Indirect)
• The Facilities Engineer opportunity offers potential for individual growth and advancement in a dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment. This position is responsible for the planning, development, and coordination of engineering and construction activities with regard to facilities, utilities, layout of machines, equipment, work stations, test facilities, material handling and storage systems necessary for vehicle production.
• Good communication skills are essential in the preparation of cost estimates and written specifications for equipment procurement and installation.
• Previous experience in a team-based environment is beneficial.
• The successful candidate will possess the ability to achieve assigned objectives relative to cost, quality, schedule, and safety in a cross-functional team environment.
• The successful candidate will possess not only excellent communication and interpersonal skills but also a strong work ethic contributing to the team's success in meeting multiple objectives both efficiently and economically.
• Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering is preferred) accompanied with 2 - 5 years experience.
• A thorough knowledge of the following is required: plant layout, material handling and storage techniques, and equipment / systems installation and modification to include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, welding, painting, and metal preparation.
• Experience in field work with the ability to determine conformance with plans and specifications is preferred.
• The successful candidate will also be knowledgeable in OSHA / health and safety, environmental, and ergonomic standards.
• Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools are strongly desired.
• Computer knowledge of CAD engineering layouts is beneficial.
• Must be able to spend majority of time on manufacturing floor, significant time in outside and adverse weather conditions is occasionally required.
• The successful candidate must be a U. S. citizen and be able to obtain secret level security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans