F- 35 Senior Engineer (Virtualization and Cloud Engineering Technician )- Active Secret Req'd Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arlington, VA, US
Requisition ID 2019-53697
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Arlington
Do you hold an active US government security clearance? Are you interested in work that gives you the opportunity to use your skills to solve complex problems? Would you like to join a team that encourages ingenuity and is mission driven? Would you like to join an organization that makes a difference for our warfighters and our citizens?
GDIT was recently awarded the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 IT program support contract. We are providing knowledge-based, information assurance and cybersecurity IT services to the F-35 JSF Virtual Enterprise (JVE) network in support of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office (JPO). Our services include program management, enterprise performance management, enterprise architecture, implementation of emerging capabilities and requirements, life cycle management, operations & maintenance, enterprise data management, service desk support and IT training.
We are building a team of dedicated professionals and are currently seeking a Cloud Engineer .
- Participate in the the well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adoption process.
- Regularly evaluate and execute proof of concepts with cloud technologies, hardware, and software.
- Work closely with Network and Security SMEs to review conceptual, logical and physical design for hosted and disaster recovery cloud solutions.
- Support SAs in the sales organization in implementing hosted solutions for new clients.
- Deploy cloud technologies and define operational elements to properly maintain throughout the technology lifecycle.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy and monitor disaster recovery
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Participate in the planning and execution of workload migration to cloud; both Private and Public.
- BS or BA degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering
- Three (3) years' experience with Cloud disciplines and protocols to include comprehensive knowledge of specific Cloud management tasks.
- At least one (1) year of relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications must be in active standing). Practical experience includes: DISA MilCloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint, or Citrix; creating Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups; and Cloud Management Platform (CMP) for Cloud Infrastructure Automation and Orchestration.
- IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of TOA or hiring)
- Security Clearance: Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.