Entry Application Systems Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Eagan, MN, US
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-MN-Eagan
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
- Participates in the analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed systems and assists in the design of computer systems to process data.
- . Gathers information from users for analysis of problem areas and prepares elementary feasibility studies.
- Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Assists higher-level analysts in analyzing alternative systems, cost aspects and feasibility factors.
- Records all inputs and outputs of systems, including file sizes, data bank requirements, variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency, volume, peaking, etc.
- Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 0-2 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience
- Ability to perform basic SQL Queries.
- Basic knowledge of the Unix operating system
- Knowledge of relational databases, objects, tables etc.
- Ability to perform analysis of customer requirements and design technical solutions
- Willingness to learn new programming languages, business processes
- Ability to listen, comprehend, and apply technical solutions to problems presented to them from senior staff
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.
Learn more at https://gdmissionsystems.com/en/careers/veterans