Configuration & Asset Manager - Secret Required - Langley AFB, VA Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Langley AFB, VA, US
Requisition ID 2019-53429
Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Locations USA-VA-Langley AFB
Configuration & Asset Manager
Langley AFB, VA
GDIT is currently hiring a Configuration & Asset Manager at Langley AFB in support of the 690th Cyberspace Operations Group (690 COG) performing 24/7/365 Air Force Information Network (AFIN) operations that includes defensive cyberspace operations (DCO), network management, information assurance, and fault resolution activities to maintain the operational capabilities of the network, establish the domain for AF cyberspace operations, and ensure AF cyberspace superiority.
Configuration & Asset Manager
- Shall conduct and perform configuration and service asset management.
- This task includes tracking and reporting all hardware and software assets that support 690 COG operations in the CMDB. The CMDB shall contain product descriptive information and nomenclature, license, warranty and lifecycle management information, avenues for product support, weapon system categorization, specified baseline configurations, as well as current configuration attributes.
- Shall develop and maintain a Government-approved Service Map that correlates hardware, software and configuration attributes to mission capabilities for 690 COG controlled assets and devices.
- This task includes developing a service map framework to capture the interdependencies between configuration attributes and mission capabilities, and establishing and maintaining the Service Map.
- Shall populate and maintain a 690 COG configuration baseline.
- This task includes maintaining baseline accuracy by tracking changes and conducting annual audits and verification of configurations. Working with PMOs to obtain baseline information for CSCS weapons system and infrastructure delivered by the PMOs. Ensure non-PMO configuration items, assets and devices are baselined and tracked.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
- 2-5 years of related configuration management experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Clearance or better
- Current 8570 IAM II Level Certification or higher (CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP (or Associate)
- DOD 8570 IAM Level 2 Certification- Required
- ITIL v3 Foundation for Service Management - At start or ability to obtain within 45 days
- ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle: Service Transition (ST) - At start or ability to obtain within 90 days
- ITIL v3 Service Capability: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) - At start or ability to obtain within 135 days
- ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle: Service Operation (SO) - At start or ability to obtain within 180 days
Additional industry certifications may be required within specific time frames.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Who We Are
At General Dynamics, you can apply the knowledge and skills gained from your military experience to an exciting, cutting-edge career. We’re proud that thousands of veterans, reservists and guardsmen have chosen to bring their valued expertise to our team. Now we invite you to continue your career with an organization that is as dedicated to excellence as you are.